I read about this recipe on the Parents Magazine website. I was hooked as soon as I read the first ingredient: BACON! MMmmm! I knew I had to make this recipe.
Easy Tomato-Bacon Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Cook bacon in saucepan on medium heat until cooked through, but not crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towels. DO NOT WIPE OUT PAN.
- Turn heat up to medium-high.
- Add tomatoes (with liquid) and the seasonings, stir.
- Cook for 5 minutes (simmering vigorously), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from pan, add peas, sour cream and drained bacon.
- Serve over your favorite, cooked pasta. (we use linguine)
I like to serve this with a salad and some garlic bread. We usually get dinner for 2 nights from this recipe.
On weeks that I put this into our menu plan, I like to also plan a night for breakfast for dinner, to use up the other half of the bacon.
Also, this can be a frugal meal if the bacon is bought on sale or in bulk from Costco.
I will be sharing this recipe with the following blog carnivals: