Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Cowboy Stew ~ Easy, Crock-Pot Recipe

I'm beginning to wonder if I have secretly set a goal to use my crock pot every day for a year! Seems like ever since I first read this blog, that I've been using my crock pot more often.

I'd say I was inspired by both the Crock Pot Lady and the birth of my daughter. Since she's been born, time in the kitchen to prepare meals has dwindled. I've had to adjust the way I do things around the house in the past 5 months.

So, tonight we had another meal prepared in the crock-pot. This time it's something new. Not one of my tried and true recipes. Tonight's meal was Cowboy Stew. I first read about this soup on the Crock Pot Lady's blog. I adjusted it a bit to fit our tastes and according to what I had in the pantry.

Alison's Cowboy Stew ~ A Crock-Pot Recipe

Ingredients:




Directions:
  • Put all ingredients in crock-pot, stir.
  • Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
  • Serve in soup bowls. If desired, top with jalapenos, sour cream and/or shredded cheese.

We really liked the way this turned out. Kind of like chili, but more like a soup. I wasn't sure how the canned potatoes would be in this. I thought those potatoes were only good sliced and fried in oil with some onions. But surprisingly, they were really good.
We forgot to top our soup with the sliced jalapenos and cheese, this time. But there are plenty of leftovers, so we'll be sure to use the toppings the next time. Although, the soup/stew/chili (whatever it is) was really good on it's own.


I'll be sharing this recipe on the following blog carnivals this week:



4 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I love the words "easy" and "crock pot" in the recipe title!! Thanks for sharing and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with TATT! That recipe sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds GREAT!!! I will have to make this soon. Geri

    ReplyDelete